Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ready, Set, VOTE!!!


Glory, Glory Hallelujah! Election day is finally here! That means we have one day left of the annoying proposition radio ads / commercials / mailers / phone calls. That means we (hopefully) will know who will be our new president elect / vice president. That means there will be something on the lips of news people / new front pages news in the LA Times. I can't tell you how thrilled I am that this day finally came. Election fatigue was turning into election bitterness. Two years of this presidential race was far too long.

I am glad to see that in my poll most of you do extensive research prior to heading to your polling place / filling out your absentee ballot. For those of you who take advice from others on how to vote...give me a call. :-) I'd be happy to "direct" you. ;-) I wish I could believe that no one is influenced by the commercials / opinion pieces / ads that have bombarded us all as of late, but even I have recognized the influence they have in the way I consider my vote. http://www.factcheck.org/ is a great resource to cut through the crap and get to the truth.

Voting is a right and a privilege. There are so many countries and peoples across this planet who do not have a say in the way their government is run. WE DO. Granted, some of us shouldn't vote...there are definitely wackos on both sides of the spectrum, but even they have the right to vote. What an honor!

Make sure you vote today. I hear Starbucks is giving out free coffee to those with an "I Voted" sticker. I also here that Krispy Kreme is giving out a special donut, and Ben & Jerry's a free scoop of ice cream. If you have to think twice about voting, let your stomach lead the way!

God bless America, my home sweet home.

5 comments:

Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rhonda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rhonda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jolene Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...