Thursday, January 29, 2009

17 Months Old...Oh BOY!

My Boy...17 months old and always happy...well...most of the time
I've had these for a year, and he is just now showing interest. In fact, he enjoys taking them off and putting them back on. It is quite exciting for me!

Playing with his 'Handy Manny' toolbox. He now takes out the tools and is working on putting them back in the right places. It also sings a song, which he gets thrilled about and dances to.


A Doug & Melissa shapes puzzle that he has now figured out how to play with and enjoys taking the pieces out and putting them back. He claps after he gets them in the right places.


I try to provide a little window of time every day for Christian to color. He enjoys eating the crayons (they are made from beeswax, so it isn't horrible), but is starting to get the hang of how to use them. I keep his pictures all in a stack and add the newest to the front to hang by my desk every day. It is my favorite office artwork. :-)



Christian now knows the words "all done", "up" (making sure to enunciate properly), and "NO". The other day he sat and was shaking his head while he said "no no no no no no no". Greeeat.



He also knows the signs for "more" and "eat". I guess those are the ones that matter to him. He dances when music comes on, claps when he is happy (and with an audience that claps), laughs to get attention, whines while he teethes (which is quite a bit lately), and is slightly dramatic. (Yesterday he had a meltdown when I took away the guitar he was banging around and he stood in the middle of the room weeping with passion, tears and all. He looked pathetic. It was quite funny.)




He still takes two naps a day, though they get shorter and shorter. He eats nothing but bananas, blueberries, hot dogs and chicken nuggets. When he does eat, he is a vacuum, and chokes quite a bit. I am pretty sure I have several new gray hairs just from mealtime alone.




In short, my 17 month old keeps my life interesting. I am constantly challenged in the way I discipline him, as well as encourage him to try new things. In everything, I just adore him, and can't believe how grown up he is getting each and every day!

8 comments:

Rhonda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eileen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jolene Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pittielover said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jolene Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...