Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Little Surprise


Danny has had a certain plant since he was a bachelor. I am not sure what kind of plant it is, exactly, but it moved into our apartment when we got married, and then again moved with us into our current home. It is a hardy little fella (if a plant can be called a "fella")...it was knocked over by Jessica and Danny several times at our old apartment, went without water for weeks on end when I was pregnant and neglectful, and has endured countless temperature shifts. Through it all, though at times it would wilt a little, the little fella would perk back up with a little TLC (and H2O).



With all this said, it has always remained about the same size, color, shape, etc. That is until the Aquaglobe. I received an Aquaglobe from my mother-in-law for Christmas, and immediately put it to work on our trusty plant in the corner. Well, the fella has grown several inches, and appears to be smiling. He just recently surprised me with a BLOOM. This is the first bloom that we've both ever seen on this plant. What a nice surprise!



Being the person that I am, I find this plant a bit of a metaphor for life. Consider all of the facts I provided, and draw your own conclusion as to what the metaphor is. :-)

2 comments:

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...