Wednesday, March 18, 2009

18 Month Dr. Appointment

We had Christian's 18 month doctor's appointment this morning. He was so excited to be going "bye bye", chatting all the way out the door and to the doctor's office. After he had to get shots, I thought he'd never trust me again, but I was wrong. He got his 50 shots with needles longer than his arm, and then after taking them like a champ he cheerfully waved bye bye with a smile to the nurse that gave him the shots (ok, so maybe it was 2 shots...and the needle wasn't quite a long as his arm, but I'm sure they were long to Christian!). As we left the office he opened the doors for me, and ran down the hall saying 'HI' to ever person he saw. What a doll.

He weighs 28 pounds and is 31 1/2 inches tall. He is in the 75th percentile for weight and 98th percentile for height. The doctor said that he is not only bright, but "gifted, bright". Of course that made this momma quite proud, but I'm trying to tell myself that she probably says that to EVERY parent that comes in the door (even though I do know Christian is brilliant). ;-)

Side note: Don't EVER do a google image search for needles. (I was looking for an image for this post.) I'm still disturbed by what I saw. :: shudder ::

2 comments:

Christy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Crystal Keilers, that's me. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...