Tuesday, August 4, 2009

We Spoke Too Soon...

This morning my darling toddler was busy showing us (once again) that he is NOT a morning person. After 2 time outs and multiple melt-downs, I decided he needed some alone time in his bedroom. I put him in his room and he quieted down, reading and playing by himself...like usual.

While he had his quiet time, I decided to cease the moment to get myself ready. As I put my mascara on, I told Danny how thankful I was that Christian hadn't figured out how to turn the doorknob yet...and also told him that the lock on Christian's door should probably be taken off soon to avoid an accidental lock-in. I think what I said exactly was, "I think it would be a good idea for you to take off that lock sooner rather than later, as I don't want to be a sleep-deprived momma of two trying to fight panic with a toddler locked in his room." We both laughed at that image and then went about finishing getting ready for the day.

As Danny got ready to leave, I went to Christian's room to let the banshee loose. As I put my hand on the doorknob, I realized we had spoken too soon; the door was LOCKED. With a somewhat worried voice I hollered to Danny that Christian had 'done it'. I tried our house key on the lock - no luck. As Danny calmed me down and went to the garage for tools, I grabbed a paperclip and bobby pin to try to pick the lock. (Picking the lock lasted a very short time - I had NO IDEA what I was doing.) Eventually Danny took a sledgehammer to the doorknob (we couldn't unscrew it from the outside, and the hinges were on the inside) and opened the door to a toddler holding his toy tools.



I have to say, I am SO GLAD it happened when it did. I can't imagine trying to take that knob off by myself. Danny is my hero...he is my knight in shining armor...he rescued me in my time of need (not to mention my banshee son).

1 comment:

Rhonda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...