Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Spinach Feta Breakfast Burrito

Nope, no photo of this one.  I haven't taken the seconds to stop long enough after I make one of these babies to take a photo.

If you've ever been to Starbucks for breakfast, you know that they have some dynamite hot sandwich options.  But hey, I live in Nuevo.  Starbucks is MILES away.  Plus, if I can make it LESS WW points value in my pj's, all the better, right?

I start with frozen spinach (thawed, squeezed dry)...about 1/2 cup, 1/4 cup chopped onions (timesaver - frozen, thawed), 1 minced garlic clove (timesaver - I buy the jarred minced garlic) and saute with one teaspoon of olive oil.  Once the onion is soft (3-4 minutes) I add 2 egg whites (timesaver - buy the egg whites in a carton) and scramble all together.  Remove from heat and warm up a high fiber tortilla.  Add egg mixture to center of tortilla and sprinkle with reduced fat feta cheese (I use about 1/8 cup).  Roll up and enjoy!

(As an extra bonus to texture / deliciousness, grill the burrito on both sides until toasty.)

Believe me, you will thank me.

P.S. - Point value on this entire breakfast is 2.5 weight watchers points, and will leave you full and happy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...