Monday, November 8, 2010

Green Homemaker in Training

As I am pinching the heck out of my pennies lately, I've decided to put my oven to use to save on my grocery bill.

Sunday I declared "baking day" and got to work.  I baked two loaves of bread for the week, made granola for hubby and kiddos breakfasts and blackberry muffins for breakfast variety.  I also made apple chips, crackers and caramel corn for snacks.

Today I made two loaves of french bread, chocolate chip cookies and an oatmeal snack cake.  I'm learning much as I go, but what I love most is the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day.  Yes, it is hard work, but so satisfying to know exactly what my family is eating and that I helped to make that happen.  I am God's hands, feeding my family the food He ultimately provides. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...