Wednesday, January 26, 2011

All Things Kitchen



After I wrote my post about "Piles", I decided it time to eliminate a few piles in my kitchen.  And so, I grabbed my hidden pile of 20 Cooking Light and Food & Wine magazines, and got to work.


It took 4 days, a good pair of scissors and a bit of glue, but I went through each magazine in a painstaking fashion.  I wanted to make sure I didn't miss any techniques, recipes, etc. that had initially interested me enough to make me add said magazine to my 'pile'.  I also eliminated my small recipe book that was bursting at the seams in lieu of a 3 ring binder.

I had to use items that I had on hand.  The 3 ring binder was an old one donated to me by handsome hubby.  My dividers were file folders that I punched holes into and trimmed to fit.  

The best part is that I can find all of the recipes I'd been wanting to try / tried once and couldn't find again.  I'm ORGANIZED!  And those 20 magazines?  I'm giving them to a soon-to-be-newlywed that will get good use out of in her days of learning the kitchen ropes.

I. Am. In. Love.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...