Monday, January 31, 2011

Slipping Through the Cracks

Rosemary.  I love rosemary.  As much as I love it, I recognize that it can easily take over a garden if not  controlled, so I haven't planted it.  Well, that, and my neighbor has it.  She "shares" her rosemary with me, and I am forever grateful.  I am grateful that I am able to use it in my recipes, and that my scavenger boys can enjoy it without my concern that it might hurt them.

We fill our lives with many things.  So many seeds we plant in our lives have the potential to take over, as rosemary.  The words that spill out of our mouths on a daily basis are the outpouring of our hearts, our souls.  Some of those words are fruitful; encouraging; fragrant.  Some are painful; disheartening; lethal.

When our words fall upon the ears of innocent bystanders, they affect.  They influence.  They infect.  Whether we intend it or not, our words, no matter how seemingly "innocent" they are, figuratively slip through the cracks.  They are either fragrant and meaningful, earfuls of blessings; or deadly, lethal, poisonous.

My neighbor's rosemary bush is a beautiful reflection of who she is.  Her words, whenever I hear them slip over the fence when she knows not I am there, are always fragrant.  I never hear cross words directed at her two sweetly spirited girls.  I never hear lethal gossip; poisonous slander.  The fact that she is purely a woman of integrity and grace slips through the cracks.

Be fragrant, that when your words slip through the cracks, others are thankful!

1 comment:

Christy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...