Sunday, February 13, 2011

Wedding Bells are Ringing...in the Kitchen

The Inspiration
Over a month ago, I was approached by a former church member / blog reader about her upcoming wedding.  Knowing I occasionally make cakes, she was curious as to whether or not I'd be interested in doing her wedding cakes, with the inspiration of "simple cakes, in abundance".  With my word for the year "Challenge", I enthusiastically took the opportunity!

Knowing that I'd have to spend the latter half of the week baking, I cleared my schedule and did my preparation.  My schedule was to prepare two cakes per day, with the 13" x 18" sheet cake and a 6" cake finishing up the week.  All went pretty much according to plan. 

I did have a couple of casualties, lots of dishes, and LOTS of messes.

In the end, the countless dishes, messes, floor cleaning and unanticipated trips to the grocery store were all worth it.
White cakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and Devil's food cake with chocolate buttercream frosting
I have to say that the cake plates were a huge part of the design plan for the cake table.  I let the bride borrow a few of my books (for added height / dimension), and a very special cake plate made by Jessica.






Love is sweet, indeed.  Happy wedding and happy marriage, Kelli!

3 comments:

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rhonda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Allen Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...