Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Magical Celebration

The Flores / Meyer families celebrate Christmas in July.  Well, sort of.  It is more like "birth-mas".  My birthday, my dad's birthday, Danny's birthday, his twin, his dad, my parents' anniversary, my sister-in-law's anniversary, the Hekman anniversary.....you get the idea....

This year, I decided it was time to use the gift card I had received for Glen Ivy Hot Springs 2 years ago and went to the spa for a day of relaxation and pampering.  It was HEAVEN.  Two days later, we met up with the Hekman's and headed to Hollywood for an evening of magic. 



We stayed at the Magic Castle Hotel, which, incidentally, was right next to the Magic Castle.  How convenient!  When we checked in, we were greeted with a birthday cake, balloon and card.  LOVED it!  Then we got dolled up and headed over to the Castle...



Oh, did I fail to mention that we left the kids at home?  Yes, it was a grown up evening, evidenced by our fancy duds.



The Hekman's were celebrating their 9 year wedding anniversary.  NINE years, and they are more in love than ever.

We had the honor of being given the grande tour by the Great Grantini (Chris Grant, my dad's best friend) before having a five star meal.  FABULOUS.  We then saw some fun magic shows up close and personal, which I never tire of.  At the end of the night, we just walked back to the hotel. 


Me and my sis.  Not a bad picture considering that this was around midnight, at the end of our evening.


The fellas didn't look too shabby either. 



That's right baby, I walked all evening in these magical shoes.  I didn't waste any time kicking them off at the end of the night.


My hot man.  Yes, ladies, he's taken.  Mine, alllll mine.

Danny's sister Monica lent us her beautiful red BMW to take to Hollywood, so we ceased the opportunity and drove to Beverly Hills the next day for some sight-seeing.  We saw a Bugatti Veyron parked on Rodeo (a car worth over a million dollars...a scratch to that baby would cost the mortgage on our house to fix), along with Bentleys, Rolls Royces, Aston Martins, a Ferrari, and of course Porsches and BMWs.  Car insurance companies must LOVE that area.

I truly felt honored to be able to celebrate with such special people.  We are so blessed to have friends like Matt and Jessica in our lives.  We love you guys!

It was a fabulous time celebrating with fabulous people.  Truly a magical weekend!

2 comments:

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...