Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Resolution Word





Peace. How many holiday cards did you receive with wishes of “peace” to you and yours in the New Year? What does a wish for “peace” actually mean, anyway?


As a noun “peace” is defined as a cessation of or freedom from any strife or dissension. As a verb, to be at peace means to be untroubled; tranquil; content. The world would most certainly be a better place if we all actively sought out peace. Regardless of the circumstances, seeking to be content, untroubled, tranquil and free from strife certainly can’t hurt matters.

Personally, if I were to resolve to cloak myself in a garment of peace, the slivers of pain and discontent that could pierce me won’t have room to do so. Shackles of strife will not hold on a body of peace.

This is why my resolution word for 2012 is Peace. I want; I need to choose to be at peace with circumstances; with God’s plan, as I walk forward into this next year. My family deserves it. My friends deserve it. I deserve it. I don’t anticipate that having this word as a mantra will do much, but I do know that if it is a constant prayer for my life, 2012 won’t leave me as black and blue.

Life has enough challenges. I've enjoyed embracing them, sometimes, but now I am more intent on embracing peace. It sounds like the difference between embracing a bed of nails and a cashmere blanket.

Time for some cashmere!

2 comments:

Felicia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...