Jess tagged me and assumes that people reading my blog would actually want to know six random things about me, so here it goes!
1. I have my own language. When I get hurt, or have a close call on the freeway, I speak loudly in a language even I don't understand. It is gibberish, and better than some words I could use in such circumstances. I'm pretty sure Danny thinks I'm a nut when I burn my hand on the oven and then speak in my language.
2. I am a big kid. I still feel like I'm playing house, though I've been married for nearly 4 years and have had a kid and house for over a year. I LOVE Disneyland for the make-believe aspect. I can skip, and smile and sing all day without people looking at me funny (like they do when I skip and sing in the grocery store). I like to play make-believe and look forward to building forts with Christian and any subsequent siblings of his. I hope to have a daughter I can play dress up with.
3. I am opinionated. When it comes to politics, religion, current events and even interpersonal situations, you give me a call and you can expect that I have my own thoughts to share with you about such situations. Love it or hate it, it is definitely something that defines me.
4. I'm a romantic. This is also synonymous with "dreamer" or "idealist". I see the best in people and situations, and find the beauty within both. I'm the kind of person to find the smallest of things romantic / precious too. It is the thought, intent and heart behind a person that makes the biggest impact on me. In my eyes, you are beautiful to me until you make yourself ugly...and it is very difficult to become ugly to me (-this has nothing to do with outward appearance and everything to do with inward spirit-).
5. I am a mediator. I hate conflict, but am not afraid of it (and I have a difficult time with people who run from conflict or try to ignore it away). I prefer to step into a difficult situation, and mediate to remedy any situation. When someone tells me of interpersonal conflicts, I would prefer to call up all parties, mediate and get it over with rather than watch how everything plays out on their own. Maybe I should be in government.
6. I cry. I have a part within my heart that is locked up, and I don't allow many people to have access to it. When a situation comes about that calls upon that part of my heart, tears will flow. Whenever I share the deepest, most intimate part of me, I can't help but cry, whether it is out of anger, injustice, fear, pain or love. These tears aren't seen by many. (P.S. - Since Christian was born I do cry at seemingly insignificant things too. A wave bye-bye, a smile, a hug, the sound of his feet pitter-pattering down our hall...these have all drawn tears from my eyes. Even commercials and the News have a different effect on me now that I'm a momma. Oy.)
And NOW it is YOUR turn. I tag Kelly, Christy, Crystal and YOU. I love hearing random facts about people, so when I check your blogs, I had better see 6 random things about yourselves...or else! ;-)