Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 - Farewell to Thee, 2009 - Yet To Be


Happy New Year All! My apologies for not blogging more over the holidays...I did actually write two other posts that I have allowed to stay in edit mode for my own reasons.



Our Christmas Eve and Christmas day were eventful and blessed. My parents gave us a fancy new camera so that we can take GOOD pictures to share with you all. I'm still learning how to use it, and often have to pry it out of Danny's hands, but here is a sampling for your viewing pleasure:




Christian got this fire hat for Christmas and puts it on a random times...hence the hood and highchair


The Hekman's spent the 26th with us and we played with our cameras...we had a blast!! (though I do think Jess and I were getting tired of the paparazzi!)





Me and my boy



Christian got a tool belt from us...he's showing daddy how to use a hammer


Danny took this on Monday...Christian had pancakes with syrup and somehow 'misplaced' part of his breakfast in that crazy mop of hair he has!


I made my first prime rib and creme brulee over the past few days. I also had to use an official time out corner for Christian...as he tested the "Temper Tantrum" waters. There is nothing worse but more necessary than consistent discipline.



The new year is promising to be a challenging one already. My bro is set to deploy in February (more details to come as they are known), my son is hinting at his 'terrible 2's' a little early, and both Danny and I are finding our jobs have their difficult and painful moments. (I've questioned God on a number of occasions as of late.)



I loved the idea I got on Christy Harker's blog about one word being a resolution for the year (I'm making personal resolutions that require more than one word, but for the sake of you all, I'll introduce you to the one word): LESS. Less is more, after all. I may decide to bring this word up as it fits in with my resolutions throughout the new year.



Blessings to you all as you open 2009 with all its layers of potential and hope yet to be unwrapped.


4 comments:

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eileen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...