Friday, January 16, 2009

On a "Lighter" Note

Dieting does a funny thing to me...I think it might make me a little crazy. I do my best to distract myself from thinking about the food I crave, and so I busy myself with projects. A house is great for that!

A couple of days ago I ran out to pick up a few things at Big Lots and Wal-Mart, and happened upon a wood valance/cornice thing for $15. Resistance was futile, and so, though we couldn't afford it, I bought it nonetheless.

After getting the babe dinner, bathed and to bed, I went to work installing the new fixture in my office (so what that it was 9pm). There is nothing like using a power tool (drill) that exhilarates me. After putting it up, along with my curtains, I thought that something might be missing...

And so, I pulled out my SEWING MACHINE! Mom, you should be proud...I used fabric from a window scarf that we weren't going to use to make sheers for my office. If anyone knows me, they know I am no seamstress. That is my mother's forte (and it probably breaks her heart that I am no good at it). I was thrilled that I didn't have to square off with the bobbin, and only had to thread the machine once. I couldn't figure out how to change the stitch, but it worked fine for what I was doing. (I told you I am no seamstress). The finished result is below:

Now what I am really enjoying about the sheers (other than the pride that beams from me when I see them) is that while providing a bit of privacy, they also seem to enhance the light coming in from outside, thus making my office brighter and cheerier. :-) **Side note - see those mini-shelves to the left? Those were a $3 Big Lots find from a few months ago.**

5 comments:

Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
krista said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...