Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The BIG 3-0

Yes indeed, it is official. I've crossed over from the "twenty-somethings" to the "thirty-somethings" in a wink of an eye. So far, it hasn't been half bad.

On my big day, Danny made me breakfast and then his older sister Monica came over to watch Christian OVERNIGHT. That is right, he surprised me with a night away. As if it wasn't enough that Monica was going to take care of our crazy child, she also let us take her BEAUTIFUL BMW to San Diego. Isn't that amazing?! We felt too cool for school, and I kept joking that it was too classy for us. ;-)


It was terribly difficult to give Monica her car back!



He sure looks good driving a sports car!

We spent the night at a hotel in San Diego, and our room was upgraded for free thanks to it being my birthday. Isn't that great?! We walked to dinner in downtown and for dessert I didn't just get one free dessert but TWO! WOO HOO for me!



The two of us at dinner...my two dessert sure helped put that smile on my face!

Today we worked out and then headed to the pool for a few hours of peace, quiet, and sunshine. It was so special to just be alone with my hubby. When we came home Christian spun around, jumped up and down, screamed and ran at us with a very big smile on his face. Monica had helped him paint a special vase for me too. Can life get sweeter?



Laying out at the pool, without having to watch my toddler. Ah, life is good!


My hot man. Oooooo, caliente!

I am so thankful to all of my dear friends and family who sent birthday wishes in email, e-cards, gifts and cards. I am not worthy, and my cup truly runneth over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eileen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...