Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A New Summer Favorite - S'more Drops

Danny has been hosting a Bible Study with a group of teenage boys from our church on Wednesdays at our house. He has thoroughly enjoyed their time, and I decided that I needed to add a little touch of "Grace" to their time...namely SWEETS!

I made them a batch of No-Bake Cookies and added a batch of S'more Drops (you can never have too many cookies!)...which was a new recipe for me. I've had it in my personal cookbook for years, waiting to be made, and tonight was the perfect night to make them. They require NO baking, and I didn't even turn the stove on for these babies! PERFECT for the summer, and SO YUMMY.

Ingredients:

4 cups Golden Grahams cereal
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine cereal and marshmallows; set aside. Place the chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter in a 1 qt. microwave safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high 1-2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds (it only took me one minute).

Stir in vanilla. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal mixture and mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Cool.

*Recipe is from "Quick Cooking" magazine - September/October 2005.*
ALL of the boys (including my Danny) loved the cookies. The boys think that marriage is just cookies and lovin', so they want to get married now. ;-)

If you make these yummy treats, let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Christy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...