Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Divine Provision

Let me just say that since I lost my job, I've endured a myriad of emotions. Lately, I've been somewhat discouraged. It is birthday season for our families, and we won't be able to give as generously as we LOVE to give. Feeling discouraged, God blessed me with gifts I couldn't have imagined...



It started with my neighbor. I had mentioned wanting to get a kiddie pool for Christian, as he wants to be in the backyard all the time, but gets so sweaty. The next day she called and said she had picked one up for us, as a gift. I didn't think my cup could run over any more....


Christian filling up his new pool and loving every minute of it (I sit in the pool and wet the slide so that he zooms down to me on the count of 3)


The next day I got a call from a friend from church. It seems that her two kids had outgrown a bunch of outdoor toys (along with a car seat) and she wanted to know if we had any use for them. What were they? A slide, a car and a sandbox...ALL items I was longing to buy our little boy for his 2nd birthday. Now, we don't have to.


This is the sandbox...I'm thrilled that it has a cover to keep the cats out. Notice it also has a mechanical arm to scoop the sand out....so cool!

Christian LOVES his new car (he used to fight over everyone else's cars). Now he gives me a kiss and says, "Bye bye momma...car...church." He likes to be like daddy.

Yesterday the other pastor's wife in our church gave us some summer squash from her garden. Though that doesn't seem like much, let me just say that fresh produce is non-existent in our fridge right now, and sorely missed.



Zucchini and squash from Kelly Bagdanov's garden. We had zucchini tonight... it was so YUMMY in my tummy!



Just writing this humbles me more than I can express. God knows our needs and desires, and I am so honored that the Creator of the universe actually CARES about us.



Christian's car also has a trunk that he likes to ride in from time to time



There are still needs that remain, but these reminders of God's provision have refreshed my spirit with hope and encouragement. God is so good.

4 comments:

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Crystal Keilers, that's me. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...