The past few weeks I've been a slightly crazy pregnant momma. With my brother coming home from Iraq, I spent a week prepping the house for a visit from my parents. After spending a week with them, I spent the next week preparing for Christian's birthday party. When I say "preparing", however, I might need to be slightly more specific...
4. Weed and clean up vege garden (pulled out the failed lettuce, dead remnants of cilantro, staked the tomato plant on the right, staked the beans and other peppers)
5. Weed, trim and transplant plants in the front, side and backyard. (Weeding is a challenge with a belly...I ended up crawling to finish.)
6. Fill up Christian's sandbox (4 50lb bags of sand later, it is full)
7. Clean and organize the garage
8. Organize the hall cabinets
9. Clean the kitchen cabinets
10. Go to the grocery store, Costco and 99 cent store for Christian's party supplies
11. Bake scratch Mocha cupcakes for the grown ups at the party
12. Bake scratch vanilla cupcakes with white chocolate Mickey's for the kiddos
13. Put together appetizers - Pepperjack Empenadas, Crescent Sausages, Mini Quiches, Pineapple / Ham skewers, fruit and vege trays
14. Pick up new (2) Crape Myrtle trees for the backyard (birthday gifts for me from my mother in law and my parents)
15. Wash all windows on the house
And then Danny got in on the crazy action. Not only did he make many trips to the garden section of Home Depot to freshen up the backyard, but he got on his hands and knees and steamed our kitchen floor. I think he might have a little more respect for me after finishing such a task. ;-)
Next up on the list: Pull down baby things from the attic in preparation for our new little one; deep clean the carpets; work on a canvas painting for the nursery; organize the baby's closet; wash baby clothes and put them in the dresser. Will post pictures of the artwork when complete...