Friday, January 15, 2010

Too Much Fun!



This morning, my darling Christian awoke me after a sleepless night (waking for hubby, baby and son #1), by figuring out how to take off the child-proof lock on his door and standing next to me while I slept. He crept into bed with us, gave Danny and I both the sweetest little kisses, and then wanted to eat "peanut butter crackers". Stumbling out of bed, I heard the baby cry, and after a sleepy sigh (and perhaps a mumble to myself), I got my tail down the hall with boys in tow.

We were starting our day and I was allowing Christian to play in the backyard at around 9am when I saw him walk by on our 4 foot high retaining wall. I scolded him, threatened him, and then let him go play for a few more minutes to allow my 3rd cup of coffee to kick in. I checked on him a few minutes later and he was playing basketball contentedly. I sat down on the couch, took a breath, rubbed my eyes, and then heard it. The sound of one of the 50lb blocks from our wall crashing onto the pavement. I was at the door as the cries began...

I was SO THANKFUL that Danny decided to come with me to the ER with the boys. Christian is 33 lbs and Jonathan is 4 months old and not always content in his carrier. After sitting in the ER for 2+ hours, I called my nurse momma and she recommended a trip to the pediatrician instead. Following her advice, we were sitting in the pediatrician's office in 45 minutes (including the drive and a stop for a frosty at Wendy's). The doctor said Christian's toe looked broken and then taped it, sending us to get it x-rayed.

It is hard to see the black part of his toe with the tape over it...but believe me, it's there.

We then headed to the next location, hoping to be done sooner rather than later. After sitting in the waiting room for another 2 hours (and some prodding by me), we finally got the x-rays. Hallelujah. He ended up having not a broken bone but instead a bruised bone...he can't put any weight on the sore part of his foot / big toe. I'm so thankful.

This is the toe the morning after...it is hard to tell but it is black all the way around, and still pretty swollen.

Retail therapy followed. Thank you Williams Sonoma for your delicious Peppermint Bark. Thank you even more for putting it on super sale just for me. :-) We hit up Trader Joe's to grab dinner (and a box of their Peppermint Bark to do a taste test) and headed home. Sweet Christian and Jonathan fell asleep as we sat in traffic...bless their hearts.

It was one of those days that added a new gray hair to my locks. It also reminded me of how thankful I am to have the life I do. I'm so thankful that I am a SAHM, as I didn't have to worry about office politics while I attended to my child's needs. I am thankful Christian was wearing the shoes he was, as his owie could have been much worse. I am so thankful I am married to the wonderful man that I am, as I would have been even more of a wreck after this day without him. What a blessing my life is, and what a blessing today was.

I leave you with a video I took a couple of weeks ago. I think it was relevant as to how we were feeling after we found out the toe wasn't broken...

5 comments:

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
'tana nana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rhonda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...