Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Easier Said Than Done

Grace.  It is an easy thing to live / aspire to live when the road is smooth.  When people are kind.  When bills are paid and food is on the table.  When kids are well-behaved and mind their mommas.  When everything is as it should be in the world.

However, it is a WHOLE different thing when those you deeply love are in the midst of pain and suffering.  When unkind words are shot at you like poisonous darts.  When those you depend on fail you.  When bills are past due.  When a grocery trip has to be skipped.  When you have to disappoint those you love because you have no other options.  When the kids melt down more than they smile.  When chaos rules the day. 

It is a good thing it is not up to me to infuse grace into my life.  All I need to do is get my priorities right, focusing first and foremost on God, and the rest falls into place.  No matter what my emotional response might naturally be, it is always the best response when done after a lovely time of reflection upon my Father.

And so, in spite of myself, I am going to quiet myself today to "be still and know..."

1 comment:

Rhonda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...