Sunday, March 6, 2011

Baking Day Sunday

It has been a while since I've had a "baking day".  I've simply been doing my loaf baking, snack making, etc. as needed.  However, this week everything was needed at the same time, so I pulled out the apron, warmed up the oven and did my best to work out my mixer.

Left to right: Sourdough starter, caramel corn, raisin bread and two loaves sandwich bread
I am sad to say that I have killed more than my fair share of sourdough starters.  It breaks my heart a bit every time that happens.  This time I have high hopes though, and promise to post a picture of my pretty sourdough loaf when I finally make her.

I found a website that I adore.  The Hungry Mouse gives step by step pictorial directions on recipes, and what I love more is that she gives background information and tips.  LOVEHer recipe for sandwich bread is rockin' and is now my stand-by, go-to, weekly (sometimes twice weekly) recipe.  Try it, you won't be disappointed.

The Cinnamon Raisin Bread was made in my breadmaker.  It should make a great breakfast for my boys.

Ooo la la...cinnamon raisin bread anyone?

There has been a bit of drama of late, and baking was therapuetic today.  Eating the baked goods was a bit of therapy as well.

Happy baking!

3 comments:

Charlee said...

I regularly visit your blog from Jess's and I have to say I am intrigued by your bread baking! Do you have any particular place you go for bread machine recipes?

Also I read a great book recently that I think you would like its called "How to Bake a Perfect life" the writer is a bread baker and her book has a great sourdough starter recipe and a few others along with being a fun girly read.

I just wanted to say I love your blog and all your creativity!

Jessica said...

Oh that website looks fun and yummy, thanks for sharing!!!!

Crystal said...

I want that cinnamon bread! I still need a breadmaker. Your caramel corn looks amazing, you could post that recipe too ;).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...