Friday, June 4, 2010

Gettin' Ready



In June my little family and I headed for a vacation in the Rockies of Colorado.  Taking our first family vacation in a couple of years was exciting, and had me a little nervous all at the same time.  I mean really, a 15 hour drive?!  Hence the bin-system I jimmy-rigged to put in between the carseats.  Each boy had his own bin, which I put new toys in prior to our drive.

I then grabbed our portable DVD player, wrapped an old belt around it and strapped it to the back of Danny's headrest for Christian.  We packed headphones and DVD's, snacks and bottles.  "Ridiculous Cars" and a kite.  Swim suits and hiking shoes.  We then woke early and drove.  13 hours.  With two precious children.  3 hours short of our destination, we called it a day, stayed in a hotel, and finished our trip the following day.  GREAT memories and very little sleep followed. 

1 comment:

Rhonda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...