Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas in the Flores Kitchen

 If you know anything about me, then you know that I love two things: baking and giving.  That is one of the many reasons I love this season so much, I am able to combine two of my favorite things!

Every year I make a few staples: FUDGE, killer sugar cookies with my cookie press peppermint bark and snickerdoodles.  I have finally come to the conclusion that once I find something that I can do a decent job of, I should just keep with it instead of trying new things every year.

And so, with the completion of each round of baking, I fill up tins and pass them out to dear friends and family members.  I have also made gifts from a jar for the past couple of years, which comes in handy in the gift giving department.


Incidentally, I noticed in the Williams Sonoma catalog that they are selling jars just like the ones I assemble for those who would rather not go to the work of buying the dozen jars, sterilizing them, assembling, etc.  Knowing that they sell for upwards of $30 surprised me.  (Sidenote: I saw a plate of cookies at Costco recently selling for over $20!)

So, with a little work and time, you could give a $50 gift from the heart for next to nothing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...