Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Finished Wreaths

Since returning from Montana, I've been playing catch up with all of my Christmas crafts, cards and work.  However, I've finally finished my first craft of the season: my wreaths.

If you remember from my previous post, one of my first crafts of the season was to make wreaths.  I have found that I enjoy doing this more and more, and have made wreaths or a variance on them for several years now.  Christmas decor is nice to give to dear friends, when you know their style / color scheme, as I have yet to meet a person who has "enough" Christmas decor.

How to do it: I plan this a year in advance.  I hit all of the post-Christmas sales for the wreaths, garlands, etc., as well as ribbon, small ornaments and flowers.  Along with florist wire, that is all you need to make a pretty decoration.

And now for the finished products:






In regards to the design element, I'm still learning.  I took apart the silver wreath and started over.  But once complete, I was quite pleased.

The beads, flowers and ribbons can also be used for decor in your own house.  It really is a gift that gives back.  ;-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...