Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Pretty Packages, All Tied Up with Bows

For years, I have been recycling bags, bows and the like.  It is an easy thing to do, and can end up saving lots of money in the long run.  After all, a penny saved is a penny earned, right?!

Christmas is a great time to get stocked up on packaging supplies.  Though the bags are generally Christmas themed, I pack away any that could possibly used for birthdays, baby showers, etc.  (it is all about solid colors).

Wired ribbons and bows are a great keeper.  Here's a tip: cut a toilet paper roll in half and wrap the ribbon around the roll.  It will keep your ribbons from becoming entangled later.  I toss everything that can't be reused, but keep a shocking amount of what I do have.

Tissue paper can be saved, if not too worn and if not torn.  I lay each paper out flat, pressing out the wrinkles, and then fold them in half for storage.  (You can always use a warm iron if you need to.)

I generally keep one box for tags, bows, ribbons and gift decor specifically for Christmas.  That way I'm not searching for everything when wrapping later. 


This year I used a Cars shoebox that I'm sure I'll find use for next year in wrapping.  Note the ribbons on the right, all neat and tidy.  This makes my heart happy.


A place for everything, and everything in its place.  It is the little things that make me happy in life.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...