This year my resolution was "Invest". At first glance one might think that to invest is simply a monetary principal having to do with piling large sums of money into the oh-so-reliable stock market. Though I did roll over my 401K to an IRA this year, that was the extent of my financial investments for the most part. However, I did have much success with my resolution this year.
In 2010, I invested by:
- Spending more time learning the ropes with my Mary Kay business, including taking a trip to Dallas for their annual Seminar.
- Losing 35 lbs. using the WWW technique - Workouts and Weight Watchers.
- Showering, doing my hair and putting my make-up on every day. (Fellow moms understand what an investment this is.)
- Beginning homeschool preschool with my 3 year old, which has included "Fun Fridays".
- Taking part in various ministry opportunities, Bloom among those closest to my heart.
- Learning how to stretch my pennies in the kitchen by baking my own bread and making snacks instead of buying them.
- Teaching my 3 year old about the importance of a thankful heart.
- Making my true friends more of a priority. (Something I can always improve on.)
- Keeping my mouth shut when I really didn't want to.
- Brushing and flossing every day. (Well, almost every day.)
- Using my Rainbow and prolonging the life of my furniture, carpet and family.
- Lingering in the precious moments that occur each and every day.
- Praying without ceasing.